We had been fighting a battle
with my ob over my son for what seemed like forever. One firm sent us here and we were so thankful! Dan is an amazing attorney and was so gracious to our family.
Albany is the hub of New York’s Capital District on the upper Hudson River. The city maintains close ties with nearby communities of Troy, Saratoga Springs, and Schenectady. The Capital District metro region has a population of about 870,000, the fourth largest in New York State. Albany has the distinction of having the longest continuing city charter in the U.S., first granted in 1686.
The capital of New York State, Albany has long been an important transportation and industrial hub, given its location on the Hudson River and proximity to the Erie Canal and railroads. The city continues to thrive as a government and educational center, and also boasts an emerging high technology industry, including the nanotechnology sector.
Our Albany Office
For nearly three decades, the lawyers of Powers & Santola, LLP, have protected the rights of those harmed in Albany by negligent medical professionals, careless drivers and irresponsible construction site owners and contractors. We have always been driven by our sincere desire to make a fundamental difference in the lives of our clients and their families.Albany Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Through the years, we have built a reputation for being one of the premier law firms in New York State as evidenced by our Tier 1 status in four categories in the most recent U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms rankings:
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Appellate Practice
We strive to achieve the best results for each of our clients. Our results include:
- $11.6 million medical malpractice recovery on behalf of a patient who was left permanently disabled after a stroke due to a doctor’s failure to correctly interpret and report a CT scan
- $7.3 million auto accident recovery for a young man who suffered permanent brain injury and fractures after being struck by a department store truck that missed a stop sign
- $9.4 million workplace accident recovery for a man who suffered brain damage when he lost his balance while installing satellite communications equipment on the roof of a building.
Every case is different. The financial recovery for a victim and/or family members depends on many factors. To discuss the specific facts and legal issues in your case, please contact Powers & Santola, LLP. We can provide a free consultation at our Albany office or at a location that is most convenient for you.
How Can Our Albany Lawyers Help You?
Claims Our Lawyers Handle in Albany, NY
The personal injury attorneys of Powers & Santola, LLP, we can represent clients in a wide range of cases, including:
- Construction site accidents – We are well-versed in New York Labor Laws that allow workers to recover for injuries caused by the failure of construction site owners, contractors or their agents to comply with safety regulations, including those that apply to workers operating from heights such as roofs, ladders or scaffolding.
- Motor vehicle accidents – We can represent you in a personal injury claim if your car, truck or motorcycle accident results in injuries that go beyond New York’s “serious injury threshold.” We can negotiate directly with the insurance company or, if necessary, take your case to court.
Medical malpractice – We assist clients who have been harmed by the delayed diagnosis of a medical condition such as a stroke or cancer. We also handle cases involving birth injuries, surgical errors, medication mistakes, anesthesia errors and hospital-acquired infections.
We carefully select the cases we handle. We do so because we want to ensure that we give close personal attention to each one of our clients and dedicate the full extent of our skill, experience and resources to their case.
Contact Our Albany Attorneys Today
If you have been harmed or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another in Albany or surrounding areas in New York, Powers & Santola, LLP, is ready to get to work for you today. Please see our testimonials and see what others have to say about their experience of working with us. It starts with a free consultation.
We serve the Upstate and Western New York region and can see clients in any of our 3 offices in Albany, Rochester, or Syracuse.
Other Practice Areas
Changing Lives for the Better
When someone injures you, your life gets turned upside down. Suddenly, you may face a ton of medical bills. You may be unable to work or help out around the home. Others may need to care for you around the clock. Nothing is the same.view all practice areas
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.