New York Attorneys: Fatal Misdiagnosis and Treatment of Heart Attack and Stroke
Claims against hospital emergency departments frequently involve the death of an individual who went to the emergency room with symptoms of a heart attack or stroke that were ignored and the patient was sent home prematurely.
Examples of misdiagnoses that can constitute medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose a heart attack in a patient with chest pain
- Failure to diagnose a cerebral aneurysm in a patient who presents with “the worst headache of my life”
- Failure to properly treat a patient with ischemic stroke
- Heart attack misdiagnosis as indigestion or gas
- Failure to order necessary tests to rule out heart attack or stroke and the failure to read test results promptly
If you were treated improperly in a New York hospital emergency room and suffered serious personal injury because of a stroke or heart attack misdiagnosis, talk to an experienced malpractice lawyer. Contact Powers & Santola, LLP., online or call us to schedule a free consultation in our Albany (518-465-5995) or Syracuse office (315-308-1020).