Statute of Limitations, Labor Law, No-Fault Insurance
When you speak to our personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death lawyers at Powers & Santola, LLP., in Albany, New York, we will ask a series of questions to determine whether you have a viable case. If you do have a case, we will offer you the opportunity to retain our services, or we may refer you to another attorney whose law practice includes cases such as yours.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us.
Questions we ask at your initial consultation may include the following:
- Did your accident happen in the state of New York? (We handle only cases involving New York locations.)
- Did your accident cause serious injury or death? (This is the type of case that our law practice focuses on.)
- When did the accident happen? (Statutes of limitations may prevent you from filing a claim or lawsuit if too much time has gone by. Other deadlines may apply, such as the deadline for filing an application for uninsured or underinsured motorist benefits, or Workers’ Compensation benefits. Statutes of limitations for injuries and deaths differ.)
- Is brain injury part of the diagnosis of your injuries? (We have extensive experience representing people who have suffered brain damage in car accidents and other accidents involving negligence.)
- How old is the injured person (or the person who died in a fatal accident)? (There are different statutes of limitations for injured people under the age of 18.)
- Was your accident related to construction or any related activity such as demolition, painting, or repairing? (Section 240 of the Labor Law offers specific legal protection to construction workers and others whose work is related to construction.)
Depending on your answers to our attorneys’ questions, we will be able to determine whether you still have a viable case; whether there are special situations demanding immediate attention, how much time you have available to prepare to file a claim or lawsuit, and whether remedies such as Workers’ Compensation or underinsured motorist insurance apply in your case.
Complete our case evaluation form to initiate dialog about your accidental injury or death case with our law office. Or contact us to schedule a consultation to discuss your case in detail with an experienced New York accidental injury attorney.