We absolutely can’t thank you enough.
Powers & Santola was so knowledgeable and caring. I was so very fortunate to find such a great law firm.
At Powers & Santola, LLP, our Rochester personal injury lawyers are well respected and results-driven advocates for our clients and their families. We have been recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms” in the country for personal injury law and our attorneys have decades of experience representing clients like you in personal injury claims. With deep ties to the region, our Rochester attorneys are standing by, ready to get started on your case. If you or your loved one was seriously injured in an accident in Monroe County, please call our Rochester law office today at (585) 440-6734 or reach out to us directly online. Case evaluations are free and fully confidential.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Rochester, New York
At Powers & Santola, LLP, we’re proud to help our clients recover fair and just compensation for their injuries. We have years of experience representing accident victims across a wide range of circumstances and we can help you too. Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys take on many types of cases including:
- Car Accidents Driving is an essential way to get around, but it can lead to serious injuries and long-term suffering for victims of crashes. We represent those injured in motor vehicle accidents and work tirelessly to get them the compensation they need. Whether someone is injured in a car, motorcycle, or truck accident, we have the knowledge and the resources to help our clients seek justice and compensation.
- Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice representation is a key focus of our firm. We handle all types of medical malpractice injuries from birth injuries to hospital errors and surgical errors, to failure or delayed diagnosis of cancer or other illnesses. The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 recognized three of the firm’s attorneys, John K. Powers, Daniel R. Santola and Laura M. Jordan for their excellence in the field of medical malpractice law. Powers & Santola has been listed in “Best Law Firms” for our focus on medical malpractice law. Medical malpractice is complex and challenging work, and we’re proud of our track record helping medical malpractice victims get the compensation they need to move on with their life.
- Construction Site Accidents. Construction sites can be dangerous, so it’s important for site managers to follow safety regulations and construction industry best practices. When they don’t, workers and bystanders can be injured or even killed. We represent those who were injured in construction site accidents and will fight at every step for the compensation that construction site injury victims deserve.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect. We rely on nursing home operators and staff to provide nurturing and care to those we love. Most times, nursing home staff members do their job, but sometimes they fail in their duties and harm the ones we love. At Powers & Santola, LLP we zealously represent the individuals and families harmed by nursing home abuse.
- Premises Liability. When you’re a guest on someone else’s property, you expect to be safe from harm. Unfortunately, businesses and individuals sometimes neglect dangers on their property. When they do, guests and customers can be the ones who end up hurt. Our experienced premises liability attorneys represent clients across a wide range of premises liability cases, from slip-and-fall claims to burn injuries, and everything in-between.
- Catastrophic & Serious Injuries Catastrophic injury claims require specialized attention. Our Rochester, NY personal injury attorneys are qualified to handle the entire spectrum of catastrophic injury cases, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), amputations, and spinal cord damage. We work hard to ensure that our clients get the full compensation they deserve. A catastrophic injury settlement or verdict should include financial support for future medical bills, pain and suffering, permanent disfigurement, and loss of life enjoyment.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits Nothing is more devastating than losing a family member in an accident. Under New York law, you have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek justice, accountability, and financial support for your family. Our Rochester, NY wrongful death attorneys are compassionate, reliable advocates for grieving families. We will handle your legal case so that you can focus on yourself and your family.
- Child Victims Act Claims The Child Victims Act is a New York law that extends the statute of limitations for child sex abuse cases. With experience handling civil child sex abuse cases throughout Western New York, our Rochester attorneys are here to help you and your family get justice, financial compensation, and closure. We represent clients with care, compassion, and the highest level of sensitivity. If you have questions about your rights under New York law, please do not hesitate to call our Rochester office for a free, confidential initial consultation.
- Defective Products Consumer and industrial products should help us do our work and live the lives we want. When we buy products, we assume that the products meet our safety standards and that they’re fit for service. However, this isn’t always the case. Defects in a product’s design may render it unsafe from the beginning, or a flaw in manufacturing may make an individual unit a danger. At Powers & Santola, we represent those who have been injured by unsafe products.
What Types of Compensation
Could I Recover in a Personal Injury Case?
After an accident, don’t assume that you’ll only be able to recover the costs of your medical treatment. There may be many different types of compensation available in your claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for all your losses. For example:
Why Choose the Rochester Personal Injury Lawyers at Powers & Santola
Since 1987, Rochester personal injury lawyers Powers & Santola, LLP, has fought for justice on behalf of clients who have been seriously injured as a result of vehicle crashes, construction oversights, medical mistakes and other catastrophic accidents. Serious accidents can be life-altering. During the first weeks and months after a catastrophic injury, victims and their families are primarily focused on making the best recovery possible. Our Rochester, NY personal injury lawyers are ready to take immediate action to protect your rights, including:
- Collecting evidence;
- Consulting with medical experts who can testify to the extent of your injuries;
- Filing all necessary court documents;
- Dealing with persistent insurance agents;
- Going to court;
- Pushing for a just settlement; and
- Getting you the compensation you deserve.
We have seen how someone else’s irresponsibility can have devastating consequences for victims and their families, and have dedicated our careers to helping the injured get the full and fair compensation they need to rebuild their lives. At our firm, you are not simply a client. Our attorneys have a track record for combining top-quality legal representation with compassionate service. Over the past 30 years, they have won awards for their work and have held leadership positions in local, state and national bar organizations.
We Know the Personal Injury Claims Process and We Know How to Get Results
Injuries are painful enough but recovering from one while dealing with a claim can be extraordinarily challenging. You’ll need to collect crucial evidence, handle a mountain of paperwork, and work hard to pursue the recovery you need. If that weren’t enough, liable parties and the insurance companies that represent them may fight you and try to minimize your compensation at every turn. Personal injury attorneys in Rochester can take the weight off your shoulders, fight through the paperwork, and work to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
A personal injury attorney knows how to construct your claim and fight for your compensation. A personal injury claim will need to incorporate detailed documentation and records that support you. An attorney can gather all the records and evidence that your case needs then construct a persuasive claim on your behalf. At the end of the day, your needs and your compensation are the most important thing.
Remember that your Rochester attorney cares about you and your interests – not about an insurance company’s bottom line. At every turn, an attorney will fight for the compensation you need and deserve. A personal injury attorney will zealously represent you at every stage of your claim and fight for you every step of the way.
During your claim, insurance companies or the responsible parties may want to settle. Although it can be tempting to take a settlement when it’s offered, it’s always a good idea to have a personal injury attorney involved in the process. If you’ve suffered an injury, insurance companies and others may try to give you a low offer that you may find difficult to resist. Insurance companies thrive by paying out as little as possible, even when injury victims deserve more. A personal injury attorney will represent you and protect you during any negotiations, working throughout the process to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Rochester City Court Civil Division
99 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14614
Phone: (585) 371-3412
Monroe County Supreme Court and County Court
99 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14614
Phone: (585) 371-3758
Supreme Court of the State of New York
Appeals are handled at a different location:
4th Judicial Department
50 East Ave.
Rochester, NY 14604
Phone: (585) 530-3100
Call Our Rochester Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Powers & Santola, LLP, our Rochester personal injury lawyers have the skills, experience, resources, and reputation that you can rely on. We will fight tirelessly to protect your rights and maximize your financial compensation. You do not have to go up against the big insurance companies or defendants alone. If you or your family member was seriously hurt in an accident, our Rochester attorneys are ready to get started on your case. Contact us right away for a free initial consultation. Our law firm represents injured victims in Rochester and throughout all of Monroe County, including Brighton, Greece, Gates, Clarkson, Webster, Pittsford, Henrietta, and Irondequoit.
Other Practice Areas
Changing Lives for the Better
When someone injures you, your life gets turned upside down. Suddenly, you may face a ton of medical bills. You may be unable to work or help out around the home. Others may need to care for you around the clock. Nothing is the same.view all practice areas
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.