How We Can Help You
Serious car accidents can be life-altering. During the first weeks and months after a catastrophic injury, victims and their families are primarily focused on making the best recovery possible.
That’s also a crucial time to engage an attorney’s help because insurance companies are swift to knock on your door looking to make fast and easy settlements that could be far less than what you are actually entitled to.
In the Rochester office of Powers & Santola, LLP, attorney Kelly Wolford is focusing her practice on serving the victims of devastating accidents. An experienced trial attorney, Wolford can prepare your case by:
- Collecting evidence
- Consulting with medical experts who can testify to the extent of your injuries
- Filing all necessary court documents
- Dealing with persistent insurance agents
- Going to court
- Pushing for a just settlement
- Getting you the compensation you deserve
Injuries are painful enough but recovering from one while dealing with a claim can be extraordinarily challenging. You’ll need to collect crucial evidence, handle a mountain of paperwork, and work hard to pursue the recovery you need. If that weren’t enough, liable parties and the insurance companies that represent them may fight you and try to minimize your compensation at every turn. Personal injury attorneys in Rochester can take the weight off your shoulders, fight through the paperwork, and work to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
A personal injury attorney knows how to construct your claim and fight for your compensation. A personal injury claim will need to incorporate detailed documentation and records that support you. An attorney can gather all the records and evidence that your case needs then construct a persuasive claim on your behalf. At the end of the day, your needs and your compensation are the most important thing.
Remember that your Rochester attorney cares about you and your interests – not about an insurance company’s bottom line. At every turn, an attorney will fight for the compensation you need and deserve. A personal injury attorney will zealously represent you at every stage of your claim and fight for you every step of the way.
During your claim, insurance companies or the responsible parties may want to settle. Although it can be tempting take a settlement when it’s offered, it’s always a good idea to have a personal injury attorney involved in the process. If you’ve suffered an injury, insurance companies and others may try to give you a low offer that you may find difficult to resist. Insurance companies thrive by paying out as little as possible, even when injury victims deserve more. A personal injury attorney will represent you and protect you during any negotiations, working throughout the process to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
When those responsible for your injuries won’t settle, your claim may need to go to court. When your case needs to go to court, expect insurance companies and the other side to fight with everything they’ve got. An experienced personal injury attorney knows how to handle preparation for a trial and will do everything needed to protect and represent you. An injury attorney will handle any court paperwork, create a trial strategy, and work to hold the at-fault parties responsible.
If you’ve been injured, don’t assume that the other side will give you a fair deal. They may try to stonewall you and your recovery, or they may try to prey on your situation and try to get you to settle for far less than you deserve. If you’re injured, get the protection and representation you need. At Powers & Santola law offices, we’re here to represent you and your interests after an accident. Direct your energy into healing and getting better. Let the experienced Rochester personal injury attorneys at Powers & Santola handle your claim.
What Types of Compensation Could I Recover in a Personal Injury Case?
After an accident, don’t assume that you’ll only be able to recover the costs of your medical treatment. There may be many different types of compensation available in your claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for all your losses. For example:
- The cost of medical treatment. After an accident such as a brain injury, it’s easy for medical bills to add up fast. The costs of treatment can soon overwhelm you with bills. A personal injury claim may include the cost of treatment immediately after the accident and the cost of treatment that your injuries may require in the future.
- Lost wages and opportunities. After an accident, you may be out of work for a while – or you may never be able to work again. If you’ve lost wages or lost future earning opportunities due to your injuries, a personal injury attorney can help you recover your losses. Even if you were able to take paid leave, you may still be entitled to compensation.
- Pain and suffering can be substantial after a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, and there may be compensation available for it. After an accident, an injury victim may suffer severe and long-term pain that can cause problems and reduce quality of life. An accident can also lead to lasting emotional harm such as anxiety, fear, and depression that can harm a victim for years. If you experience pain and suffering, there may be compensation available for your injuries.
- Damaged or destroyed property. A personal injury attorney can help you pursue compensation for the property that you lost during an accident. You may recover compensation to repair or replace your damaged vehicle. You may also be entitled to money for clothing, jewelry, electronics, and any other property that was damaged in the accident. Your attorney can help you document your losses and get you the compensation that you deserve.
- Loss of consortium. After an accident, it isn’t just the injured person who suffers. A spouse may lose the care that the injury victim provided. These losses can be significant and can put stress on a family that is already reeling from an accident. When an injury victim can no longer provide the care that they once did, their spouses may be able to recover for loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages may be available in some cases where a defendant’s conduct was egregious. Punitive damages can be difficult to obtain, so it’s essential to have an experienced attorney on your side if you need to pursue them. An attorney will review your case, advise you on whether punitive damages may be available, and help you pull together the documents and arguments you need to pursue them.
Cases Our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
At Powers & Santola, LLP, we’re proud to help our clients recover fair and just compensation for their injuries. We have years of experience representing accident victims across a wide range of circumstances and we can help you too. Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys take on many types of cases including:
- Car Accidents. Driving is an essential way to get around, but it can lead to serious injuries and long-term suffering for victims of crashes. We represent those injured in motor vehicle accidents and work tirelessly to get them the compensation they need. Whether someone is injured in a car, motorcycle, or truck accident, we have the knowledge and the resources to help our clients seek justice and compensation.
- Medical Malpractice. Medical malpractice representation is a key focus of our firm. We handle all types of medical malpractice injuries from birth injuries to hospital errors and surgical errors, to failure or delayed diagnosis of cancer or other illnesses. The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 recognized three of the firm’s attorneys, John K. Powers, Daniel R. Santola and Laura M. Jordan for their excellence in the field of medical malpractice law. Powers & Santola has been listed in “Best Law Firms” for our focus on medical malpractice law. Medical malpractice is complex and challenging work, and we’re proud of our track record helping medical malpractice victims get the compensation they need to move on with their life.
- Construction site accidents. Construction sites can be dangerous, so it’s important for site managers to follow safety regulations and construction industry best practices. When they don’t, workers and bystanders can be injured or even killed. We represent those who were injured in construction site accidents and will fight at every step for the compensation that construction site injury victims deserve.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect. We rely on nursing home operators and staff to provide nurturing and care to those we love. Most times, nursing home staff members do their job, but sometimes they fail in their duties and harm the ones we love. At Powers & Santola, LLP we zealously represent the individuals and families harmed by nursing home abuse.
- Premises Liability. When you’re a guest on someone else’s property, you expect to be safe from harm. Unfortunately, businesses and individuals sometimes neglect dangers on their property. When they do, guests and customers can be the ones who end up hurt. Our experienced premises liability attorneys represent clients across a wide range of premises liability cases, from slip-and-fall claims to burn injuries, and everything in-between.
- Defective Products. Consumer and industrial products should help us do our work and live the lives we want. When we buy products, we assume that the products meet our safety standards and that they’re fit for service. However, this isn’t always the case. Defects in a product’s design may render it unsafe from the beginning, or a flaw in manufacturing may make an individual unit a danger. At Powers & Santola, we represent those who have been injured by unsafe products.
Legal Information Required For Most Cases
If you are pursuing a personal injury or medical malpractice claim in Rochester, you are filing a civil lawsuit. Those claims are handled at the Rochester Hall of Justice on Exchange Boulevard. Criminal matters are heard in the city court’s criminal division on South Plymouth Avenue.
The courts are part of New York’s 7th Judicial District, which includes Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates counties.
Rochester City Court Civil Division
99 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14614
Phone: (585) 371-3412
Monroe County Supreme Court and County Court
99 Exchange Blvd.
Rochester, NY 14614
Phone: (585) 371-3758
Appeals are handled at a different location:
Supreme Court of the State of New York
4th Judicial Department
50 East Ave.
Rochester, NY 14604
Phone: (585) 530-3100
Our New York Injury Lawyers Can Help You
If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one, you could have a valid legal claim. Powers & Santola, LLP, is ready to help now through a free legal consultation. Contact us today to get started. We also have an office in Albany and Syracuse. Click here for directions to our Rochester law firm.