Saratoga Springs is a charming city located in Upstate New York, about 35 miles north of the capital city of Albany. The city has easy access to major metropolitan areas such as New York City, Boston and Montreal. Its population was estimated at 27,763 in 2016.
Saratoga Springs is home to mineral springs that have made it a resort destination for hundreds of years. It’s also cultural hub for the arts, hosting the New York City Ballet, Philadelphia Orchestra and numerous authors in summer residencies. The city is also known for its famed Saratoga Race Course, the oldest track for thoroughbred racing in the United States.
Newsweek magazine named Saratoga Springs’ Skidmore College among one of the country’s “Little Ivies” – schools that are too small for the Ivy League but provide the same level of quality and prestigious education to its students.
Our Practice Areas in Saratoga Springs
The law firm of Powers & Santola, LLP, provides a variety of legal services to people in and around Saratoga Springs. A few examples of our practice areas include:
- Serious and Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Hospital Malpractice
- Car and Motorcycle Accidents
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Nursing Home and Group Home Negligence
- Defective Products
- Premises Liability
- Construction/Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Our Medical Malpractice Law Firm Will Review Your Case
For more than 30 years, the experienced personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys at Powers & Santola, LLP, have provided exceptional legal services to people who have been harmed due to someone else’s recklessness. No matter whether you suffered a traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident, were misdiagnosed with a serious illness or lost a loved one in a tragic accident, our attorneys provide vigorous representation for our clients. We don’t give up until you get the results you deserve.
Our track record speaks for itself. Our law firm’s attorneys at are rated among the “Best Lawyers in America.” Powers & Santola also has earned recognition has one of the “Best Law Firms in America” for our work in medical malpractice and personal injury law. When we advocate for our clients, insurance companies and defendants know that we’ve built a strong case that won’t be easily dismissed.
If you have been hurt on the job, injured due to a faulty product or suffer from a permanent disability due to a catastrophic injury, you can count Powers & Santola lawyers to provide compassionate and dedicated attention to your case. The first consultation is free and we can meet you in our office or a place that is most comfortable for you.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
The aftermath of an accident can be incredibly difficult. Many times, we find people who are suffering from serious injuries while also dealing with the emotional consequences of finding themselves in such unexpected circumstances. Determining the next steps is challenging. But one thing families inevitably find are mounting medical bills and an uncertain timeline for recovery. That’s where our personal injury lawyers step in.
You can count on us to get started immediately on your case. We can:
- Deal with the insurance companies so you don’t have to
- Gather all of the evidence needed to support your claim (such as photographs of your injuries, police reports, physical evidence such as torn clothing or a defective helmet, and more)
- Contact eyewitnesses for testimony
- Visit the scene of the accident if needed
- Engage the services of experts to testify to the extent of your injuries and the losses that you have suffered
- File all court documents in a timely way
- Keep you updated on the status of your case
- Make no decisions without consulting you
- Advise you on whether to accept a settlement offer or go to trial
- Help you collect and disburse the money that is awarded to you
Types of Cases Our Saratoga Springs Lawyers Handle
No injury claim is the same. New York personal injury laws allow victims to collect compensation to assist with expenses and losses incurred as a result of the accident. The key point is proving that another person or party is at fault for your injuries using a legal doctrine called negligence.
Simply put, negligence means you must prove that someone acted carelessly and that those actions (either directly or indirectly) injured another person. It’s possible that more than one party shares fault for the accident, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you are barred from being awarded damages in New York.
Our attorneys represent clients in claims involving:
- Catastrophic personal injuries: People who sustain injuries such as paralysis, traumatic brain injury (known as TBI), disfigurement and amputation often face a lifetime of disability and need continuous medical care. Our attorneys have seen the impacts of these devastating accidents and have 30 years of experience using New York personal injury laws to help alleviate the burdens suffered by victims and their families.
- Medical and hospital malpractice: We trust that our medical providers will give us the best possible care. Sadly, things such as missed diagnoses and medical errors that cause birth injuries or surgical mistakes happen more often than you think. Our law firm has experience rooting out how the mistakes happened, who is responsible and holding the responsible parties accountable for what happened to you.
- Motor vehicle accidents: New York law allows people who are injured in car and motorcycle accidents to collect compensation for pain and suffering only if the injuries qualify as “serious.” Our lawyers know the tactics that insurance companies will use to try to dismiss your claim and can get the medical proof to stop them from denying your claim.
- Construction/workplace accidents: As Saratoga Springs and the surrounding areas expand, increased construction can also mean a rising rate of construction accidents. Workplace accidents can be complex and involve multiple parties. Our legal team can use NY’s labor laws to analyze your case and make the best claim for compensation.
Our Saratoga Springs Injury Attorneys Are Ready to Help
Powers & Santola, LLP, is a law firm with experienced litigators who don’t take no for an answer. When we take a case, we know it has merit and will spare no expense to prove your claim.
For a free case evaluation, call us or contact us online now.