Schenectady is a city located in eastern New York. Located about 20 miles northeast of Albany, the city is accessible by busy roads such as I-90, I-890 and I-88. It has a population of nearly 65,000 people and is bordered by Glenville, Niskayuna and Rotterdam.
Schenectady is a city rich with history. It is the original home of the global power and energy corporation General Electric. It was also the headquarters for the American Locomotive Company (ALCO), which produced some of the country’s finest steam and diesel locomotives for nearly 70 years. Schenectady is also home to WGY-AM, the second commercial radio station to operate in the United States.
Our Practice Areas in Schenectady
At Powers & Santola, LLP, our experienced accident law firm, offers a variety of legal services to people in and around Schenectady. A few examples of our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital malpractice
- Child sexual abuse
- Nursing home and group home negligence
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Construction/workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
Our Injury Law Firm Will Review Your Case
Powers & Santola, LLP, is a personal injury and medical malpractice law firm that has represented clients in Schenectady and its surrounding areas for more than 30 years. We fight hard to get results so that injured people can begin rebuilding their lives after serious accidents.
Our attorneys have been recognized as some of New York’s finest litigators. They have been consistently named to directories such as Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, which are based on positive client recommendation and peer reviews. Powers & Santola, LLP, has also been named one of the “Best Law Firms” in the U.S. for its medical malpractice and personal injury practice areas.
If you were hurt due to a motor vehicle accident, workplace accident, medical error, defective product or other type of accident in Schenectady County, please call us or contact our legal team today to arrange a case evaluation. All consultations are confidential.
How Our Schenectady Accident Lawyers Can Help You
You may hear commercials urging injured people to contact an attorney “right away.” Although the ads can be dramatic, the do send an accurate message. Timing can be important in an injury case so that critical evidence can be preserved. An important benefit is that once you hire an attorney, you don’t have to handle any more persistent calls from insurance companies. That’s the last thing you need as you or your loved one is recovering.
A lawyer can assist you in many ways. Here are just a few examples:
- Taking over all communication with insurance carriers. Adjusters are notorious for calling for recorded statements in the midst of a crisis. Our lawyers can handle all of those communications so that you don’t have to worry about saying anything that could compromise your case.
- Gathering evidence. Lawsuits are built upon tons of documents. We can obtain all medical records, bills, receipts, witness statements, police reports, physical evidence and photographs to attest to the seriousness of your injury and strengthen your claim for compensation.
- Putting a general value on your case. No matter who you hire, it’s important to know that a lawyer can never promise you a certain dollar amount or favorable outcome on your case. However, he or she can give you some general advice after looking at the damages, outcomes and insurance coverage related to your claim.
- Advising on a settlement versus a trial. Negotiating a settlement is usually the best course of action for both parties. However, if you are being treated unfairly, we will talk to you about options for going to court and fighting for fair and full compensation.
Details About Our Practice Areas
Powers & Santola, LLP, have broad experience representing clients in a variety of cases, such as:
- Traffic accidents – No matter if you were hurt in a car, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian accident, we are prepared to help you recover the maximum amount of damages that you are entitled to under New York injury laws.
- Construction/workplace accidents – Being fairly compensated for job-related injuries can be complicated, especially when you are injured in large construction zones where multiple contractors may be working at once. Partner Daniel R. Santola is the author of the book Litigating Construction Accident Claims in New York, written based on his wide knowledge in this area of the law.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors, hospitals and health-care workers are responsible for tens of thousands of medical mistakes every year. We have been recognized for our strong work in plaintiff’s medical malpractice litigation and can build a case to help you get compensated for mistakes such as missed diagnoses, birth injuries, surgical mistakes, medication errors and other cases of negligence in Schenectady.
- Premises liability – If you have been injured in a slip, trip and fall accident or other mishap on someone else’s property, they could be held responsible for your injuries.
- Products liability – Defective auto parts, toys, tools and equipment are responsible for countless numbers of injuries annually. We can identify design flaws, manufacturing and distributing errors that may have contributed to your injuries.
- Catastrophic and serious personal injury – At Powers & Santola, LLP, we have seen how one person’s reckless actions can alter a family’s life forever. We are committed to helping accident survivors and their loved ones receive compensation to help them on their path to establishing a new routine in life.
- Wrongful death – We can help the families of the deceased obtain funds to help cover their losses in the wake of tragedy.
Contact Our Schenectady Accident Law Firm Today
Not sure if you have a case? The qualified and compassionate lawyers at Powers & Santola, LLP, can review the circumstances of your claim and advise you of your legal options. Call us or contact us online for free advice today.