We absolutely can’t thank you enough.
Powers & Santola was so knowledgeable and caring. I was so very fortunate to find such a great law firm.
Schenectady is a city located in eastern New York. Located about 20 miles northeast of Albany, the city is accessible by busy roads such as I-90, I-890 and I-88. It has a population of nearly 65,000 people and is bordered by Glenville, Niskayuna and Rotterdam.
Schenectady pinned on a map of New York state, USA.Schenectady is a city rich with history. It is the original home of the global power and energy corporation General Electric. It was also the headquarters for the American Locomotive Company (ALCO), which produced some of the country’s finest steam and diesel locomotives for nearly 70 years. Schenectady is also home to WGY-AM, the second commercial radio station to operate in the United States.
Our Practice Areas
At Powers & Santola, LLP, our experienced accident law firm, offers a variety of legal services to people in and around Schenectady. A few examples of our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Hospital malpractice
- Child sexual abuse
- Nursing home and group home negligence
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Construction/workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
Our Injury Law Firm Will
Review Your Case
Powers & Santola, LLP, is a personal injury and medical malpractice law firm that has represented clients in Schenectady and its surrounding areas for more than 30 years. We fight hard to get results so that injured people can begin rebuilding their lives after serious accidents.
Our attorneys have been recognized as some of New York’s finest litigators. They have been consistently named to directories such as Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, which are based on positive client recommendation and peer reviews. Powers & Santola, LLP, has also been named one of the “Best Law Firms” in the U.S. for its medical malpractice and personal injury practice areas.
If you were hurt due to a motor vehicle accident, workplace accident, medical error, defective product or other type of accident in Schenectady County, please call us or contact our legal team today to arrange a case evaluation. All consultations are confidential.
How Our Schenectady
Accident Lawyers Can Help You
You may hear commercials urging injured people to contact an attorney “right away.” Although the ads can be dramatic, the do send an accurate message. Timing can be important in an injury case so that critical evidence can be preserved. An important benefit is that once you hire an attorney, you don’t have to handle any more persistent calls from insurance companies. That’s the last thing you need as you or your loved one is recovering.
A lawyer can assist you in many ways. Here are just a few examples:
Our Practice Areas
Powers & Santola, LLP, have broad experience representing clients in a variety of cases, such as:
- Traffic accidents – No matter if you were hurt in a car, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian accident, we are prepared to help you recover the maximum amount of damages that you are entitled to under New York injury laws.
- Construction/workplace accidents – Being fairly compensated for job-related injuries can be complicated, especially when you are injured in large construction zones where multiple contractors may be working at once. Partner Daniel R. Santola is the author of the book Litigating Construction Accident Claims in New York, written based on his wide knowledge in this area of the law.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors, hospitals and health-care workers are responsible for tens of thousands of medical mistakes every year. We have been recognized for our strong work in plaintiff’s medical malpractice litigation and can build a case to help you get compensated for mistakes such as missed diagnoses, birth injuries, surgical mistakes, medication errors and other cases of negligence in Schenectady.
- Premises liability – If you have been injured in a slip, trip and fall accident or other mishap on someone else’s property, they could be held responsible for your injuries.
- Products liability – Defective auto parts, toys, tools and equipment are responsible for countless numbers of injuries annually. We can identify design flaws, manufacturing and distributing errors that may have contributed to your injuries.
- Catastrophic and serious personal injury – At Powers & Santola, LLP, we have seen how one person’s reckless actions can alter a family’s life forever. We are committed to helping accident survivors and their loved ones receive compensation to help them on their path to establishing a new routine in life.
- Wrongful death – We can help the families of the deceased obtain funds to help cover their losses in the wake of tragedy.
Contact Our Schenectady
Accident Law Firm Today
Not sure if you have a case? The qualified and compassionate lawyers at Powers & Santola, LLP, can review the circumstances of your claim and advise you of your legal options. Call us or contact us online for free advice today.
Other Practice Areas
Changing Lives for the Better
When someone injures you, your life gets turned upside down. Suddenly, you may face a ton of medical bills. You may be unable to work or help out around the home. Others may need to care for you around the clock. Nothing is the same.view all practice areas
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.