Troy is a historic city in Upstate New York. Located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, the city forms part of the “Capital District” for its proximity to the state capital of Albany. Its population remains around 50,000 people, according to recent census estimates. Troy is also the county seat of Rensselaer County.
Troy was a powerful city during the Industrial Revolution. Its steel and manufacturing operations boomed in the earlier parts of the 19th century, making it at one of New York’s wealthiest cities at the time. Troy is also home to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, the oldest private engineering and technical university in the United States.
Today, Troy has a downtown area dotted with beautiful Victorian architecture. It is home to unique small businesses, such as our injury law firm, restaurants and performance venues. The city also provides easy access to New York City, Buffalo, Boston and Montreal via the nearby New York State Thruway and Taconic Parkway.
Our Practice Areas in Troy
- Serious and Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Nursing Home and Group Home Negligence
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Product Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
How Our Troy Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our mission at Powers & Santola, LLP, is simple. We want to help you obtain compensation so that you don’t have to worry about how to meet your financial obligations, both now and in the future. Any type of injury can result in major doctor and hospital bills. With the cost of medical care skyrocketing, our attorneys want to ease the burden for you by making the process as stress-free as possible.
Our clients can count on our legal team to provide:
- A detailed review of the accident claim
- An honest estimate of the potential value of the case
- Open communication during the entire legal process.
- A commitment to make the process as peaceful as possible, pursuing a settlement first but always preparing for trial
- Confidentiality at all times
- Answers to any of your questions in person, on the phone, or by e-mail
At Powers & Santola, LLP, we value our clients as more than just a case file. When you come to us, you can expect zealous legal representation in all personal injury or medical malpractice matters. But we pride ourselves on our compassionate commitment to clients as friends and family, too.
Types of Cases That Our Troy Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
If you’ve been hurt, you need a law firm that has a broad understanding of New York law. Our lawyers represent people who have been injured in a wide variety of accidents. Some examples include:
- Medical malpractice – Our attorneys won an $11.6 million verdict for a client who suffered a stroke after a doctor failed to interpret at CT scan. It is one of the largest verdicts awarded to an adult in the entire Fourth Judicial District.
- Catastrophic personal injury – Powers & Santola, LLP, lawyers obtained $7.3 million in compensation for a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury and broken bones after a department store truck ran a stop sign and hit his vehicle.
- Workplace accidents – We recovered $9.4 million on behalf of a client who sustained brain damage when he lost his balance installing satellite communications equipment on the roof of a building.
- Wrongful death – Our injury attorneys won $5.2 million for a family who lost their mother due to an undiagnosed maternal hemorrhage during childbirth.
Whether you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, misdiagnosed by a doctor, found a loved one suffering from horrific abuse in a nursing home or assisted living facility, or are the survivor of sexual abuse when you were a child, our New York attorneys have a proven track record of success.
Our Injury Law Firm Will Review Your Case
The personal injury lawyers at Powers & Santola, LLP, are fierce advocates for justice for people who have been harmed in accidents in the Troy areas and throughout New York. Since 1987, we have proven ourselves to be highly qualified trial attorneys who won’t allow clients to be bullied into settlements for less than what they deserve. We are familiar with all of the tactics that insurance companies and defense lawyers use to deny or minimize legitimate claims. With our extensive knowledge of New York’s personal injury, medical malpractice and labor laws, our attorneys build cases that cannot be easily dismissed.
If you have been injured in an accident and another person or party is to blame, let us assist you. Contact our office for a free consultation. You can come to our office or we can meet in a location that is most convenient to you.
Contact Our Accident Lawyers to Get Started on Your Case
, has been recognized as one of the “Best Law Firms” in the country for personal injury and medical malpractice law. We are also highly rated by our peers and past clients for the legal services that we provide. Our attorneys are also active leaders in professional organizations and participants in the communities we serve, including Troy.
Reach out to our lawyers by calling us or contacting us online now.
Troy Practice Areas
Medical Malpractice | Wrongful Death | Delayed Cancer Diagnosis | Workplace Accident | Personal Injury | Product Liability | Nursing Home Abuse | Sexual Abuse | Child Victims Act | Auto Accidents | Premises Liability | Construction Accident | Catastrophic Injuries